Experienced college basketball coach and athletic administrator with a demonstrated record of success on the court and in the classroom. Utilizes techniques to create collaborative environments where partners are engaged and accountable. Practiced in managing under budget constraints while maintaining a successful program.
- Eight years of experience on the collegiate level, serving on three Gulf Coast Athletic Conference (GCAC) regular season champions and one GCAC tournament champion.
- Three trips to the postseason, earning one automatic and two at-large bids.
- Oversaw tremendous academic achievement by Talladega athletics over two seasons as coach and administrator.
- Communicator and motivator with staff and student-athletes.
- Women’s basketball team earned a cumulative 3.19 Grade Point Average over the last two seasons.
Athletic Director/Head Women’s Basketball Coach
August 2015 – Present
- In two seasons, led the Lady Tornadoes to back-to-back GCAC regular season championships and the 2017 GCAC women’s tournament championship, the first in program history
- Compiled 60-28 (.681) overall record, including 30-8 (.789) against conference opponents.
- Two-time GCAC Women’s Basketball Coach of the Year winner in three seasons on the bench.
- Ranked for seven consecutive weeks during the 2015-16 season (highest rank, No. 14, finished 15th).
- Coached five All-GCAC basketball team members, with four named First Team All-GCAC.
- Coached consecutive GCAC Players of the Year (2016, 2017).
- Developed and directed assistant coach in coordinating academic supports for student-athletes that produced 11 GCAC Commissioner’s Honor Roll awards.
- Serves as director of summer basketball camps.
- Implemented strength and conditioning program for basketball program.
- Assumed interim athletic director position in Summer of 2016.
- Managed the budget for an athletic department that supports six varsity programs and one junior varsity team.
- Participated in department fundraising activities.
- Served on GCAC Athletic Directors Advisory Committee.
- Oversaw community service programs for teams in support of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics Champions of Character initiative.
Assistant Athletic Director/Athletic Compliance Director
- Oversaw departmental compliance with policies of the university, GCAC and NAIA regarding student-athlete eligibility.
- Authored and submitted required reporting documents to the NAIA.
Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach/Associate Head Coach
- Member of staff on 2009-10 United States Collegiate Athletic Association Women’s Division I National Champions and 2013-14 GCAC Regular Season Champions. Teams went 119-66 (.643) during that span.
- Directed national recruiting efforts for the program.
- Oversaw scouting and writing of game day reports.
- Served as film exchange coordinator.
- Managed team travel.
Director of Basketball Operations
Top Game, LLC
June 2006-August 2009
- Designed custom program for professional athletes to include: overall fitness conditioning, sports/position development, nutritional counseling, and psychological development.
- Directed individual and small group training sessions for professional, college and high school athletes.
- Managed employees who organized and conducted advanced athlete fitness and skill assessments for all clients.
Head Coach Boys Varsity Basketball/Physical Education Teacher
The McLean School
August 2000-May 2006
- Created and implemented curriculum in accordance with Maryland State standards.
- Enhanced Gross Motor Skills Development.
- Encouraged student integration and teamwork.
Sports Public Relations Consultant
J III Management
June 1998-March 2000
- Planned team events, off-season camps, and clinics with the Detroit Pistons Community Relations Department.
- Organized and assigned Detroit Piston players to national and community charity events on behalf of Piston Jerome Williams.
- Served as head speechwriter for Detroit Piston Community Relations Department.
- Coordinated and assigned player and staff speaking engagements.